The Board and Staff of the Windsor Port Authority are committed to supporting local community efforts that improve the general welfare of the region as well as the quality of life in the communities that surround the Port of Windsor, especially organizations located in or providing services to the residents of Sandwich as they are directly impacted by the growing marine industry in Olde Sandwich Towne.
The Windsor Port Authority provides financial support each year to local charitable endeavours that benefit the less fortunate in our community and/or on the sea.
The Port of Windsor is touted as an economic driver in part because of our job creation efforts in Windsor-Essex. We also see the importance of helping those in need, and our tenants give directly to important community causes and also support our efforts.
The Windsor Port Authority takes great pride in the sponsorships it provides:
- to build awareness of the work of the Port and its tenants;
- to community organizations and events working to improve the prosperity, health and quality of life in Windsor-Essex, and especially Olde Sandwich Towne where our offices are located; and
- to provide opportunities to build relationships and facilitate communication and dialogue important stakeholder groups.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT CRITERIA
- Community Good Will
- Port Authority Advertising and Public Awareness Opportunities
- Opportunity for Tenant Involvement
- Legacy Building Opportunities for the Windsor Port Authority
- Community Investment “Bragging Rights”
- Future Opportunities to Grow the Windsor Port Authority’s Exposure
- Canadian Mental Health Association’s Golf Tournament
- Essex Region Children’s Waterfest
- Marine Night Golf and Dinner
- Mission to Seafarers Ditty Bags
- Olde Sandwich Towne Festival
- Clair College’s Scholarship Program
- St. John’s Church Food Drive
- University of Windsor’s Scholarship Program
- Windsor International Tug Boat Races
- Windsor Santa Claus Parade in Olde Sandwich Towne
- Windsor Symphony Orchestra’s Summer Concerts
- Mill Street / Queens Dock Park
- Sandwich Clean-Up Days
- Sandwich Teen Action Group
- Tecumseh Brock Statue Project
- Windsor Port Authority Outdoor Museum Project
- Hiram Walker Statue Project
The Windsor Port Authority supports requests that comply with our purpose and mission, and where the dollars go to support families and children, environmental causes, and/or the marine events for the community-at-large. New requests for sponsorship are at this time by invitation only. In 2017 we are looking at working with the Canada South Science City to create educational marine industry displays within the newly formed Forster Community Hub.