The Windsor regional and national economies have been affected by the global recession and this has had a negative impact on the port. Windsor Port Authority (WPA) experienced a sharp decline in total volume in 2009 followed by a modest recovery in 2010 due in large part to the Federal Government’s Infrastructure Stimulus Program. With most of those infrastructure projects completed early last year, port traffic again declined, with total volume dropping by approximately 5 per cent in 2011.
- Queens Dock Community Space Temporary Closure Announcement
- M/V Federal Katsura first saltie into Port Windsor, 2022
- Media Release: Port Windsor Supports Family Services Windsor-Essex
- Letter to the Prime Minister : Empowering Ports Within Canada’s Sustainable Recovery
- The Association of Canadian Port Authorities elects Carl Laberge as Chair of its Board of Directors